Reading for Me

Photo courtesy of unsplash.com

I enjoy reading. Facts and nature are my jam. This is why my favorite genre of book is nonfiction. When I was little, I was obsessed with information. Now, I am more exposed to many different genres and authors. The main reason I read is for enjoyment and that it also strengthens my vocabulary. I love to find out facts and other peoples’ thoughts. An important thing for me is to try to ascertain what the author wants to convey with the book’s message. 

Even though I enjoy reading, it can be difficult sometimes. If I am in an uncomfortable spot or constantly disturbed, I find it difficult to enjoy the book. It is simple to look for books by genre and enjoy your favorite type. I look at what my friends suggest and I heed what they recommend. Sometimes, some writers write with a pseudonym which makes the title more attractive to a reader. For example, Dr. Seuss is a pseudonym for Theodore Geisel. Who doesn’t love his books? That is why I find pseudonyms to be more attractive. 

I consider myself to be a decent reader because I can find the theme and new words in a book. A new word that I found out by reading was Deoxyribonucleic acid. This is my favorite word in the English language. Oftentimes, I don’t read as much as I should. That is one thing that I will work on. I am also looking for many ways to improve my vocabulary and thoughts about the world. Vocabulary is a crucial element in reading and language arts in general. 

My favorite book is Shivaji by Ranjit Desai. I enjoy this book because it is an amazing read for fans of Indian history. The book is about Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj, the Maratha guerilla king who helped end Mughal rule in India. I really enjoyed this book because it taught me more about my own history. For me, it feels like each letter leaves me deeper and deeper into my own family tree. This is why Shivaji is my favorite book. What is your favorite book? What genres do you enjoy? What books do you recommend? These are all questions I want you to answer in the comments below.

Reading is an enjoyable pastime which I love and you should too! Thank you for reading my post!

6 thoughts on “Reading for Me